no avatar
User

flyingdancer

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Research on self-employment for the over-50s

by flyingdancer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:08 pm

I've been interviewed for an Oxford University project. They could use a few more interviewees so here is the gen if you'd like to participate:

I'm involved in a research project at the University of Oxford and would like to invite people to take part. We're examining the work and retirement aspirations of a group of self-employed older workers in new technology firms.It's project is a follow-on study which revisits research previously conducted in 2002-4, funded at that time by Help the Aged. We're repeating the study using the same methods and a similar sample. We're looking for people aged over 50, self-employed in ICT/ new technology industries, in companies which were established more than 5 years ago with less than 50 employees in Southern-central England). We'd like to explore the feelings of this age group about self-employment, and their plans for retirement in telephone interviews which would take no longer than an hour. Any information you give us will be treated in strictest confidence. If you would like to take part, or if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me: Kate Hamblin, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing, University of Oxford, 66 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6PR, tel: 01865 612816, kate.hamblin@ageing.ox.ac.uk.
User

Andrew Krajewski

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Research on self-employment for the over-50s

by Andrew Krajewski » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:51 pm

John that sounds like some very interesting research.

I hope that some of our members are able to participate
though I have the feeling that there aren't any
in the right kind of technology based businesses
We'll see

Do please keep us posted of developments